- Safety and Compliance: Certified installers are knowledgeable about the safety standards and building codes required for EV charger installations. They ensure that the installation is safe, reducing the risk of electrical hazards.
- Expertise and Experience: Certified installers have the necessary training and experience. They are adept at handling different types of EV chargers and can provide guidance on the best options for your specific needs.
- Warranty and Reliability: Many manufacturers require installation by certified professionals to keep the warranty valid. A certified installer ensures that your charger operates reliably and any warranty issues are appropriately addressed.
- Future-Proofing: Certified installers are usually up-to-date with the latest technology and can advise on future-proof solutions. This means your installation will be compatible with upcoming EV models and charging technologies.
- Increased Property Value: A professionally installed EV charger can increase the value of your property. Certified installations are seen as a premium addition, especially as EVs become more common.
Are you eligible for the Electric Vehicle Home Charger Grant?
The SEAI scheme provides a grant up to the value of €600 towards the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charge point for a homeowners property. The applicant must be the owner of an eligible new or second-hand electric vehicle. For more information click here.
- You must be a private owner who bought an eligible EV from 01/01/2018
- You must have dedicated off-street parking
- The property can not be associated with a previous EV vehicle grant and charge point offer.
- The vehicle has to be registered to the applicant and to the address of the property where the home charger is being installed (unless this is a Company Vehicle application)